Monday, November 10, 2008

a little thought

6 posts later, I arrive at this final entry to my blogging endeavour. A little retrospection, with the help of a pensive mind, I shall pen down what could the last entry for this site. Or will it be?

In the first post in this blog, I’ve stated how effective communication is important in every aspect of our lives. If any, the course of the past few months has only highlighted the importance of effective communications. Through the project and the various assignments I had to complete, I had to interact with my group mates, share ideas and come to consensuses. All these activities would not have been possible had I and my group mates practice a little tact, push through ideas, or debate on them. Nothing less than practicing a wide range of communication skills all at the same time.

Now equipped with the fundamental skills of effective communication, I am feeling a little more confident when conversing with peers and superiors. Learning about the 7Cs of writing is especially enriching since writing has been one of my weaker aspects in communications. It brought to my attention the different aspects of effective writing and had helped in the process of writing my report. While the span of the module is limited to this semester, I strongly believe that the lessons taught within the classroom will be applied to my future endeavours.

While the process of this knowledge acquisition is short, I believe I have gained a little more than the usual lecture-styled lessons. The interactions between group mates during my project discussions, the blogging, interactions with the tutor have made this module refreshing. I, in the process, become more receptive to new information.

While I feel compelled to write more (especially since this is our last assigned blog entry), it will be a dire breach to one of the C’s in the 7C’s of writing.

Thank you for reading.

Cheers.

p.s. Good luck to the groups preparing for your presentation and to those who are preparing for the test!

21 comments:

Anonymous said... @ November 10, 2008 at 11:23 PM

"While I feel compelled to write more (especially since this is our last assigned blog entry), it will be a dire breech to one of the C’s in the 7C’s of writing."

LOL.

Good one Wei Ren.

Lyon said... @ November 11, 2008 at 11:17 AM

Hello Wei Ren!

I sure hope this won't be your last post! And I hate to point out, you have spelt breach wrongly! It should not be breech but breach~ Haha...

Angeline said... @ November 11, 2008 at 11:05 PM

<"While I feel compelled to write more (especially since this is our last assigned blog entry), it will be a dire breech to one of the C’s in the 7C’s of writing."

LOL.

Good one Wei Ren.>

TOTALLY AGREE! Keep up the humour in you, Wei Ren!

joyce said... @ November 12, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Hi Wei Ren,

I have to admit that when I first got to talk to you a little more, you came across as a person who had some screws loose. The 'Pink PEN-ther' joke! And all the humming to yourself in the canteen during lunch? Haha.. I don't know why but Angeline and I always happen to sit next to you and Huixuan most of the time during lunch afer lesson. In any case, do keep up the humour in you like what Angeline and Xinyi say. X)

weiren said... @ November 13, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Hi Xin Yi,

Thanks! In fact, this happens almost on every entry I wrote. Finding the balance between free expression and conciseness isn't always that easy.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Cheers.

weiren said... @ November 13, 2008 at 2:22 PM

Hi Lyon,

Thanks for pointing out my error.

In fact, I do blog in my personal time (albeit less regularly). So I am at a lost of what to do with this site. Lots of nice memories here yet, I can't leave my 4 year old blog site unattended.

See how things go I guess.

Hope to see you around.

Cheers.

weiren said... @ November 13, 2008 at 2:25 PM

Hi Angeline,

Thanks!

weiren said... @ November 13, 2008 at 2:30 PM

Hi Joyce,

Oh. I guess I would prefer the word unique as a description for myself. I am in my world half the time (the other half of the time is spent in the other half of my world.)

It's nice to have Angeline and you as company during all those lunches.

Nice meeting you!

Tiffany said... @ November 13, 2008 at 6:35 PM

Hi Wei Ren!

It proves that you adhere to the 7C's when writing! Look at my post, I think it is way over the word limit. But I figured that Brad wouldn't mind since its our last post. Or would he?

Class lunch on friday! Both you and HuiXuan cannot run away because I always see you guys eating lunch after ES lesson! haha

Its been great knowing you! :)

Hui Xuan said... @ November 13, 2008 at 9:11 PM

Hi Tiffany,

You mean I really cannot ran away? Then I shall hide! LOL. I'm joking.

So we're going to have a "2nd" class lunch together? GREAT! See you guys! (:

Hui Xuan said... @ November 13, 2008 at 9:26 PM

Hey Weiren,

Thanks for being such a good blogging buddy and project mate. (:

All the best for your exams!

Tiffany said... @ November 13, 2008 at 10:19 PM

Haha HuiXuan,

Yes, you can hide.. but we'll definitely hunt you down! okay I was kidding. One more thing I'd like to add, Hui Xuan, you definitely bring fun and laughter to our class too! I always see that you're so psyched up for class. That helps in motivating others to become enthusiastic as well!

Hui Xuan said... @ November 13, 2008 at 10:56 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hui Xuan said... @ November 13, 2008 at 10:59 PM

Hey Tiffany,

Thanks. I didn't realise I did that. LOL.

Wei Kwan said... @ November 14, 2008 at 1:42 AM

Hey Weiren,

It's been really great having you around. Maybe you should try to speak with a french accent in class later. I haven heard that for a long time. Haha :D

weiren said... @ November 15, 2008 at 2:08 PM

Hi Tiffany!

Oh man. It doesn't quite matter I feel. I believe this one of the few assignments that I actually stick to the "word limit".

Ok fine. It's 50 words beyond the 300 words limit.

It's my pleasure to get to know you too!

weiren said... @ November 15, 2008 at 2:19 PM

HI Hui Xuan,

I think amongst everyone here, you've known me the longest and suffered me the most. Despite the difference in ideology, I am extremely glad we were able to work together.

Thanks for the company.

Cheers!

weiren said... @ November 15, 2008 at 2:22 PM

Hi Wei Kwan

It's been my pleasure too.

My french accent is basically so magnifique. Wonder why Hui Xuan hates it so much. Hmmm..

Either way! All the best for your future endeavours.

Hui Xuan said... @ November 16, 2008 at 4:03 PM

Hey Weiren,

I totally didn't understand what you were saying with your french accent!
But, don't worry. I enjoyed your company too. Thanks.

Brad Blackstone said... @ November 16, 2008 at 9:17 PM

A little retrospection can go a long way. With regard to you, Wei Ren, I have always had the feeling that there was lots more thought taking place than meets the eye, just below the visible surface. In some of our in-class discussions, your ideas have appeared in bits and pieces, but rarely, for one reason or another, in full force; likewise, in your effort for the research project and the presentation, and in the blog posts, the workings of your mind have been evident, but not always as clearly as you would have liked them to appear. What this says to me is that you are still very much in the process of becoming the person that you can be. The potential is there. How to realize it? My suggestion is for you to keep your focus, keep "plugging away," read and study and explore as much as possible. Embrace as much as you possibly can, step by step by step. That process in itself will enrich you, and one day you'll look up and even be more astounded by how far you have come.

All the best, Wei Ren!

weiren said... @ November 18, 2008 at 11:03 PM

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your guidance throughout this semester. Your advice and comments have been invaluable.

I will carry many of your teachings beyond my education. So will your last comment. Thank you once again.